The Mets are currently 10-1, which puts them atop the National League East. What the fuck? Where the hell did this come from?
Few things about this team which is super encouraging…
- Mets are hot even with their best player (Cespedes) in a terrible slump to start the season. Once he gets right this team is going to be even more scary.
- Matz, Harvey, and Wheeler can beat your teams 3-4-5 starters. It it SO nice to see the rotation they have been dreaming about (Syndergaard, Harvey, DeGrom, Matz, Wheeler) finally throwing in rotation.
- Gsellman and Lugo are sitting in the pen and have been a tremendous help. In fact, the Mets have one of the best bullpens in the league all of a sudden with these two helping out.
- Guys like Nimmo can’t even crack the lineup. I would say this is a bad thing, but as of right now, we have a tremendous amount of depth. A GREAT problem to have.
- Think of this…10-1 and Bruce, Agone, Rosario, Both catchers, Lagares, Conforto, Fraiser, have a combined 4 HR.
- Vargas coming back in a few days, so they already have the rotation help I think they needed.
That is a just a few points that make the Mets 10-1 start even more impressive. What a dream start to the season!! Tonight, they start a series with the Brewers, who are an up and coming team, at home. They should get a really good welcoming tonight, 7pm, on SNY. WHAT A ROAD TRIP!